Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Playing in the rain

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my husband.  He really is my soul mate and I am so lucky to have him in my life.  He is my flashlight in the dark ( I am afraid of the dark so this is huge!!) He is not always the most thoughtful husband {nor am I the most thoughtful wife} in the world but I knew that when I agreed to marry him.  I am a very simple person so I have, for the most part, just gotten used to this about him because I know that it is much better then the alternative (not having him).  Then out of no where he will do something for me that is so off the charts special that it about knocks me off my feet.

Looking a little rough after playing in the rain all day...

On Friday he picked me up from work early and we ran around in the torrential rains trying to find a new center speaker for his surround sound.  We went from this electronic store to that... He would look at speakers {which I care nothing about} and I would go over and fondle the camera's (The Cannon Rebel to be precise).  By the time Keith found his speaker we had grown webbed feet and I could hear him starting to quack a little.  But we were still enjoying our time together.  He has been working ALOT so our time together is precious.  Our last stop was Best Buy and to my disappointment they had my camera all locked up and the display case was on the ground so I got down on my hands and knees, on the dirty carpet, and just looked at it.  Then I would get up walk away and go back for one last look at it.  I finally got tired of this and ventured through the store to find Keith.  He was still talking to Zac, our salesman, about his speaker... and then out of no where he asked Zac if he knew anything about camera's.

You guessed it... I got the camera that I have been lusting over for about a year {maybe even longer}.  When Keith looked at Zac and asked him to put a package together and give him a price I was in shock...not yet sure if it was really happening or if I was dreaming.  Zac walked away and Keith must have seen the fear/excitement in my eyes so he said "Jen, you really deserve this and I know that you really want it... "  Zac came back with a price and Keith said "let's do it"... my heart started pounding and tears started (I had to explain to Zac that they were tears of pure joy).  I  ♥ my new camera ... thank you baby!!





Then as if that was not enough he arranged for his brother, Uncle E,  to watch Ahliana so we could go out ... on a date? ... what is that?  We were given a gift certificate to Fogo De Chao for Christmas from his wonderful brother Bruce and his wonderful better half Lynn.  Neither of us had eaten there before and both of us really wanted to go.  We had a Fabulous time!!  It was all that we expected and more.  And the time that we got to spend together over the course of the day was priceless.

Thank you Isreal for taking the pic.



All of the pictures in this post are from my "old" camera.  The new battery was still charging so my new toy had to stay home.  Look for better pictures in future posts as I learn how to operate my new camera.. please be patient.

2 comments:

Kristy R said...

OOOOOHHHH I am sooooo jealous!!!!! You will have to give me all the deets on all the cool stuff it does. You do deserve it. Kudos to Keith for pulling out all the stops and giving you a special date and gift!

Life with Claire said...

who says you can't write a damn good blog!! =) this is so sweet. go keith!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...