Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day Festivities/3 in 1

Saturday, May 29, 2010
We went to a very special birthday party over our Memorial Day weekend.  It was for Kade who was turning 4.  Kade is the son of my best friend Kathy and it has been amazing watching him grow into the young little man he is growing into.  It is always one of my favorite events to go to every year.  Over the years I have adopted Kathy & Kenny's family as my own and they are such a very speical group of people.  They have all been wonderful to me and especially my little Ahli.

The party theme this year was Monster Truck.  I've got to tell you... when the Brown's have a party they go all out... last year it was a train theme and they had a train ... so yes, you guessed it, this year it was a monster truck " Big Red" parked in their drive.... it was a blast!!  Only the adults got to go for a ride for legal reasons (no car seat) but they all climbed in it and boy did they pretend.  It made a lot of little people VERY happy.

My Cutie... ♥

This is how you get in the truck...not an easy task...

Kade and Ahliana

Swinging under the truck???

Hello Handsome!!

Kade's Birthday Present from Mom & Dad.


Going for a ride


Sunday, May 30
Sunday we had a BBQ at our party pad.  It was nice to get all of the family and some of our extended family (neighbors and friends) together.  We have a small inflatable pool that we set up in the backyard so that Ahliana and Miles could go swimming.  Miles is Uncle E Godson and he is ADORABLE!!  He Loves Ahliana and they really play well together...that is when I can get Ahliana to share.....ohhhh the beautiful two'sss.  Amber was kind enough to swim with the two little monsters...she either really likes these two or she is a gluten for punishment.  I think they all had fun!


Keith smoked a brisket and grilled a few chicken breasts...Can I just say delicious!!!  To go with our meal we had Mama's homemade potato salad, pico, beans, and dessert...lots and lots of dessert.  We had Nina's Strawberry Shortcake with cool whip, Wendy's brownies and cookies, and MiMi ... ooooohhh MiMi ... Cinnabuns with extra frosting.  I think that I have gained 10lbs just writing about it all.  But seriously I ate so much between Saturday and Sunday that I was nausiously full.  I just could not stop eating the deliciousness that we set before me.. it was like I had never eaten before. 



Monday, May 31
Monday we did not step foot out of the house... no really we didn't.  I don't even think we got out of our pj's until after nap time.  We were all so exhausted but I was still able to get caught up on laundry (which was an all day chore) and we cleaned from the day before.  Poor Ahliana I am sure that she was extremely bored... what do you do??!!??  I think we all need days like this.

I would like to say a special Thank You!! to ALL the military people that we know and don't know. Because of you we have freedom and peace of mind that all will be okay. You risk your lives daily so we can live ours peacefully ... a debt that I can never repay.
A special shout out to our neighbor, brother, and beloved friend that left for his 4th tour of duty in May - Uncle B you are our hero and our friend we want you to know that we miss you and we love you! We pray for you daily and count down the days until your safe return.


1 comment:

Life with Claire said...

that's one badass truck!! could she be any cuter!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...