Yes!! They actually had a dinosaur exhibit at the zoo. We got to see the Triceratops, a Stegosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex and so many more. You should have seen the excitement and the fear in Ahliana and Ryders eyes. These two really had a good day and they played so well together. Ryder is so adorable and he was so patient with Ahliana. She wanted to do everything he would do. Kinda like... anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better then you ♫♪... I remember singing this song a lot as a kid trying to keep up with my big brother.
Nice birdie
Okay this was a Dilophosaurus and it actually sprayed
water out of its mouth. The kids thought that was
really cool.
My baby looking at the baby
Parasaurolophus Egg Nest
We Moved from the Dinosaur's to the reptile's. I must admit that I really do not care for snakes.. not even a little. There is just something about snakes that are just yucky!! But they had this awesome iguana. I think he was just as curious about us as we were about him. He would look at the children and tilt his head. You know the way a dog tilts his head when trying to understand what you are saying...
See a little weird and cute all at the same time huh??
Creepy... you just should not be able to
slither around on land and air...you
just shouldn't!!
Then we got to the animals that you can not go to the zoo without seeing. The Lions, Tigers, Bears, Giraffes, Elephants, Zebras & Monkeys...okay you get it. These are the animals that make the zoo. Now I am not going to sit here and act like we even got to see it all. Even arriving at the zoo early (9am) it just gets to tooooooo darn HOT to last past noon {which we did ... I think we left around 1pm...so cheers to us all}!
Jackie and Ryder looking at the Cheetah's
Look in the top right corner...
Cute little baby elephant
Roger explaining something to Ahli
Looks like she might believe him...maybe??
We did take the children into the "Children's Zoo" but only to let them cool off on the splash pad. This was a first for Ahliana and I am so glad that she had Ryder there to take the lead. She really was not sure about the water coming out of the ground. Then there were the unruly - unsupervised children running around.
After all of the zoo activities we sat down for a little picnic. All I've got to say is that Jackie can pack a picnic. I think Keith was tired about me telling him about all the deliciousness that Jackie packed in their picnic. I felt like a loser mom... I bought pizza from the snack area at the zoo and Ahli would have noth-ing and I do mean noth-ing to do with it. Pizza...that is her favorite... she would eat pizza everyday if I would let her... but noooo not this day not with all the choices that she had in front of her... watermelon, raspberries, chips, turkey sandwiches and the list goes on...and on...
We did make our way to the train as well. You can't go to the zoo without riding the train. I will however spare you the pictures. {I was so tired and smelly looking that I am embarrassed to even post them.}
The End!
1 comment:
Great pics! Look like yall had a great time! I think my fav is the one of Ahli looking at the iguana- she looks so serious like she is trying to figure out what the heck that thing is...lol
Post a Comment