Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


Thanksgiving was pretty exciting this year.  Not only was it my big 4-0 but I also got to meet a few new family members that traveled to Houston from Mexico.  Keith had not seen his cousins in several years and this of course was their first time meeting me as well as Ahliana.  Keith was proud to show off introduce his girls.



Keith was the eldest son this year so the responsibility of carving the turkey feel on him.  Not a job he particularly wanted but did nonetheless.  I should mention that he did a fabulous job and the turkey was delicious (thank you Randall's for the pre.cooked.turkey)


Ahliana was definitely the life of the party.  The.center.of.attention.  She was wonderful and very well behaved.  Felt a little bad that she was the only child there but she was well entertained and everyone made special time for her.  Prior to eating Papa said grace, then he turned if over to his big sister, then to Ahli.  Ahli's grace:  I am thankful for Jesus, and my mom, and my dad, and all my friends.  Such simple words that she spoke to a table of 20+ people yet they put a tear in my eye.  I was so proud and so touched by these simple few words.



Much needed five minute rest after lots of food and lots of play.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...