Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cupcakes for Grandma


Instead of buying a cake for Grandma's birthday this year, Ahliana and I decided to make cupcakes.

I measured everything out- put them in easy to hold and pour bowls- and my bug and I set out to complete our task.  This is our first "real" mixing project that we have done together.  She helps all the time with other tasks but baking is not something I do often...not because I don't like to...but I really don't like to have all those tempting sweets around.

Bug was so excited being my little helper.  I must say that she did a GREAT job!  She poured the water, eggs, and oil in the batter (yes, it was a store bought box cake...Betty Crocker).  Then she helped hold the mixer as she looked in the bowl with awe as all the ingredients she just put in the bowl mixed together.  Then behold... the licking of the  beaters.


Then we carefully lined the cupcake pan with pretty paper and poured in the batter.  



As she was sitting down enjoying one of the cakes she made she said "Grandma's going to be happy, not sad mommy."  So sweet!  Then as the guests arrived she proudly told EVERYONE that she made the cupcakes and they were for Grandma's party.  This really is one adorable child!! 

Unfortunately Ahliana feel asleep before we could all sing to Grandma.  When she woke up the next morning she asked me to have all our friends over again so we could sing to grandma.  She was referring to her Aunts and Uncles as "our friends" haha...too cute!!  Grandma spent the night so we were able to put a candle in a cupcake and re-sing happy birthday...Grandma let Ahli blow out the "un"light candle and she shared her cupcake (well Ahli ate it all but she thought she was sharing...)

I love that Ahliana is at an age that we can do stuff like this.  She loves to be my little helper and it makes baking, cooking, & laundry so much more fun...{most of the time} ☺

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...