This weekend was a rodeo extravaganza for my family. My niece is one of the Katy Cowgirls (I am so proud of you Ashley) so we spent Saturday cheering her on. We headed out early Saturday morning to go see her and Bonnie Blue ridin in the parade.
We got there a little early so we were able to enjoy some donuts - Ahliana's favorite..donut holes- and my nephew (Tyler) warmed up with a little hot chocolate while we waited. The parade finally started and my niece was one of the first to pass us by... after her followed the band, flags, 3 large trucks filled with FFA students, several trucks, tractors, every church, dance studio, daycare, and hair salon in the town of Katy...my point is that was the longest parade EVER!!!! But to see my niece and the rest of my family made it all worth while. The parade really was a lot of fun. Ahliana enjoyed spending time with Tyler, Aunt Sandi, Uncle Jon, and of course mom and dad.
She danced to the beat of the band and loved seeing all the ballerina's. She also had her very first lollipop or two.. and loved them!! We left the parade buckled her in her seat and she was out within minutes. She feel asleep with Tyler on one side of her seat and Aunt Sandi on the other... when she woke up they were gone... she just looked up and said Tyler gone? It was so cute and so sad all at the same time.
Later that evening Grandma joined us and we went to the actual Katy Rodeo. They started a little early and I almost missed Ashley. Keith had to drop us off at the gate while he parked the Tahoe just so I could see her. That probably worked to my advantage because I got to stand right in front of her. I was yelling so loud and telling her I loved her while Ahli was blowing her kisses (sweetness). I can not lie the whole thing made me a little emotional. She is so grown up and she looked so beautiful out there on Bonnie Blue. I just can't believe she will be 16 in just a couple short weeks...where does the time go? The only disappointment was that I could not get my camera out in time to take pics. With the stands being full we ended up standing in "the pit" where all the cowboys and cowgirls prepare to go out into the arena. It was a lot of fun and Ahliana had a blast...at least for the first hour...then she just started to get tired.
I must say she was the cutest kid there (I know I am biased..but she really was looking very cute ☺).
She was able to see all the horses and cows and a nice gentleman even let her sit on his miniature horse named Bella. While sitting in the stands with my family, and very tired, she notice the carnival...or in Ahli terms... the toys...lol.
1 comment:
Awww It looks like yall had so much fun- and I LOVE the boots :)
Post a Comment