In February my niece always participates in the K-Rodeo and we love going to see her. This will probably be her last year to ride in the rodeo but I am hopeful that my family keeps it a tradition. I really enjoy taking Ahli and I think she enjoys being there, not to mention she gobbles up anytime she can spend with her cousins.

The next few pictures are of my beautiful niece riding on a borrowed horse, I think his name is Bently, because Bonnie had to retire this year. This was a bitter sweet moment and Ashley handled it with such grace. Although Bonnie did not go that far and is probably living it up in San Antonio with Grandma and Grandpa it was still hard knowing that she could not ride her in her last rodeo. Ahsley loves that horse and you can tell she loves to ride just by the smile on her face in all of the following pictures. Horses have been a passion of hers since she was probably 7 and I am glad that been able to enjoy riding. Not only does she ride with the K-Cowgirls to open up the rodeo but this year she also participated in some barrel racing, which was on opening night, and I missed it...sorry kid.
A self portrait taken by Ashley on her iphone. Ahliana thought it was so cool that she could do this. She continuesly asks me to do it with my phone...but my phone really is not that cool...hahaha
This year Ahliana also participated in the rodeo. She proudly rode her horse Bella, in the stick horse race. This next picture is of her and Tyler anticipating how the race will go and going over strategies.
This is Bella, Ahli's beautiful horse.
Standing at the starting line just waiting for the race to begin. I think her strategy is just to smile and give it all you got, while looking totally adorable I might add!
And their off....
I bow my hat to you! What a wonderful and beautiful performance. I cry everytime!










1 comment:
Love, Love, Love this post!
Ahli is a beautiful cowgirl.
Please update when you can.... I miss my daily Ahli updates.
♥ hugs and kisses, ♥
Darlene
Post a Comment