Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

July Mini Vacation

We took a very much needed mini vacation to Rockport a couple of weeks ago and it was fabulous.  I love getting away with my family and reconnecting. I love watching my husband as he de-stresses and starts to unwind as work slowly trickles from his brain.  I love having my family all to myself and not having to share them with anyone.  I know that sounds a little selfish but it is a rarity.  Those of you that are privileged to know my husband, know that he is very social, and also know that there are seldom moments when it is "just" us.

Ahliana loves the beach.  I think she may have been a fish in another life. All she could talk about on the way there was going to the beach and she was so upset that when we arrived at our destination and it was really to late to venture to the beach... but with a promise to go in the morning and a quick trip to the hotel pool she was fine.




Just as we promised we woke up, ate breakfast, and we were beach bound.  The beaches in Port Aransas are much nicer then those in Galveston.  The water is not clear blue or anything like that but they are also not as murky.  We watched as the tide uncovered the small clams then they would scurry and quickly rebury themselves before being carried away into the depths of the ocean by the next surge of water.   It is amazing to me that this is the same Gulf water that we have in Galveston yet it is so much prettier.

Little Miss Hollywood....



The clams... there are thousands of them.

We went on a shell hunt and we noticed that sting ray (what is the proper plural for sting ray?) were coming all the way up to the shore line to nibble on the little fish swimming about.  It was scary yet cool all at the same time... you know I am a little nervous after the Crocodile Hunter incident... just say'n.  I tried to get a good picture but they would swim right at me and I would eventually have to quickly move out of their path, didn't help that they camouflaged with the sand and water.







We headed back to Rockport so Keith could take Ahliana on her very first fishing adventure.  We took her out on the Fulton Pier in Rockport.  Keith baited a line with shrimp and together they threw it into the ocean.  Ahliana watched patiently, for about a minute, to see if the bobber would go under.  And in an instant when she looked away it disappeared.  Keith excitedly yanked on the line (to hook the fish) and together they reeled it in... a little trout, I think.  Ahliana was screeching with excitement.  One little problem the fish was really hooked.  When we released the fish back into the water Ahli was concerned about the red water on her hands...ewww... thankfully while she looked away and I wiped her hands clean a nice hungry seagull carried away the floating fish....oh geeze!!!  Just for the record Ahliana caught 3 fish Daddy caught 0...just had to through that in there....smiling....








Our next big adventure, Corpus Christi and then home.  Corpus is about an hour from Rockport and truly worth the drive.  We headed out that way for lunch.  My one request was to find a Starbucks, at this point it had been two days since I had a good cup of coffee and my huney, whom I think secretly needed one as badly as I did, was eager to oblige.  So the search was on.  And and worth the little detour it was.  We ate at Joe's Crab Shack and the waiter loved Ahli.  Thanks Eli, you did an awesome job ( I act like he will ever read this...oh well it is the thought that counts).  Then Keith asks " do you think Ahli would like the Battle Ship or the Aquarium?" Ummmm really, did you just ask that?  It doesn't really matter what Ahli wants I would have more fun at the Aquarium...no really we all know that she would not have enjoyed the Battleship.



Just a cool pirateship.... Arrrr Matee....





Look "it's Dorey and Nemo"! A young child corrected me when I said this at the aquarium.  It is Dorey and Nemo's Dad (Marlin, I think)... opps...my.bad kid...you are right!  I stand corrected by an 8yr old!!  Hahaha


We love the Dolphins!!


The dolphins got to play with large rubber duckies and a frog... Ahliana said "look mom they have ducks in their bath like me" sooo cute!








Hope all your wishes come true baby girl!!


Hummm....battleship vs aquarium???
One day I will take Ahli to see the battleship. But just not today...

1 comment:

Life with Claire said...

love it! the pic of dory and nemo...hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...