I have so much to share...so really, were do I begin... I am definitely going to need to break this done into a couple of blog posts..
Let start with vacation. Keith and I were able to take some time off the last week of February. It was nice to just reconnect. With our busy schedules the only time we seem to see each other these days are weekends and they are normally so busy that there is no "us" time. Where did all that wonderful quality time (QT) that we used to spend together go? I had so many plans for vacation...so many things I needed to get done, clean out my closet, clean out Ahli's closet/room, get some digital scrapbooking done... none of which even got touched and I am truly okay with that. Spending time with my hubby was wonderful!!! I've missed him. Ahliana was also home sick for part of the week...another round of double ear infections. Her tubes fell out so here we go again....
While on vacation we did manage to take Ahliana to the Houston Museum-Natural Science/ Cockrell Butterfly Center. It was awesome. The butterflies were beautiful and the exhibit is just amazing. Kristen I really wanted to steal your flower bracelet idea for Ahli but somehow we just ended up there...it was spontaneous...but next time girl. This spring I plan on purchasing a milkweed plant to attract butterflies of our own (well caterpillars). I want to put the caterpillars in a butterfly container so Ahli can watch the process and then together we can let them go.
Keith and I took a day just for ourselves and went down to Kemah for lunch. We sat on the deck and just watched the boats go in and out of the harbor. It was a beautiful day and after lunch we held hands as we walked along the boardwalk.

Ahliana recently when shopping with some of her Christmas money. She got so much for Christmas that I just figured we would have more fun if we just waited until her Christmas toys got boring. My brother and sister in law always give her a gift card to Toys R Us... and Ahli loves that place! What kid doesn't? I let her pick out what she wanted and she did good...made out like a bandit. She got a set of Pink Lego's, Lincoln Logs, and her favorite....a Jesse doll from Toy Story 3.... I have never seen her so attached to anything (well other them me). The first thing she said when I took it out of the box is "Mommy, where's my name?" She wanted her name on the bottom of the boot like Andy...then she went and got Buzz and asked me to do the same. Too cute!!
She takes Jesse to school with her regularly. Jesse has to stay in her cubby but she loves to show her off to all of her friends first. She even asks me to buckle her in the seat with her... I love this girl! She is growing up so fast.
Well I will let you all digest this for a bit and then I will blog about the rest. Hopefully we have an uneventfull weekend so I don't add to the list...geezzzz if I could only keep up.













1 comment:
so fun those butterflies!! =) love ya girlie. ahli is beautiful and getting so big!!
Post a Comment