Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy "Love" Day!!

Today A few days ago I celebrate Valentines with my two very special Loves- My honey and our daughter.  How could anyone ask for anything more.  Keith and I don't normally do much for Valentines Day for each other...the day is a little over-rated if you ask me and this year was no different.  However, I did buy a new lens for my camera (50mm f/1.8) and called it a valentines gift...does that count?  He of course got a Hoops and YoYo card...that sang!!  If that does not profess my love I don't know what will....giggle...

Now Ahliana on the other hand got all kinds of junk stuff.  She got enough valentines candy to last her for a couple of months at school (glad I did not buy her any).  All we got her was a couple of cards, a cute stuffed giraffe and bandaids... yes, you read it right, bandaids...and she loves 'em!  And they don't make her bounce off the walls for hours.  Perfect!




We were able to get out and about last weekend and the weather was gorgeous!  I mean let the sun shine baby!  Sounds like a contradiction form an earlier post.  Please don't get me wrong, I do like cold weather, and I would have loved to have seen snow.  But really can you beat a day that is about 70 degrees, sunny, with low to no humidity... Hello... I don't really think so.  I would take that every.single.day.of.the.year.  Okay that's a lie too... I would at least like it to be cold around around the Christmas Holidays. Okay enough rambling and back to the wonderful weather.  We went to a pre-rodeo festival that was put on by the Texas Rodeo Committee.  They put on this event every year for free and it is really alot of fun.  they have several bounce houses, pony rides, ring tosses, football throwing, train rides, and so much more. 




They had a dog show out there that was being put on by an entire different group...but wow...these dogs and their tricks are amazing...they can really "catch air".  The kids were only interested in that for about a minute but my husband really enjoyed it...he took all the dog pics...



The picture below is the only picture that I am able to upload that I took with my new lens (upload problems have nothing to do with the lens itself).  Apparently I use more space then I am allocated with my "free" Picasa/Google/Blogger account so I need to purchase more GB's...LOL.  I guess I need to really learn how to resize my pics for posting???  Hopefully after this weekend I will be able to post more amazing fun pics...after my whooping $5 purchase for more space...again LOL!!



OHHHH.... AHHHHH...Isn't that so cool!?!? 

3 comments:

Kristy R said...

Looks like yall had a blast...Look at you...outblogging me too???? I am gonna have to play some serious catch up! :)

Life with Claire said...

AWESOME PICS!! she is a doll. can't believe how big she is now! almost 3!! great photos on the next blog too. wow jenney...they are really good!

Jenney said...

@Kristy...lol you are hilarious!! I am now so far behind! I really planned on catching up while I was on vacation and that just did not happen for me...

@Kristen...now you mamma are a blogging machine...keep them rolling. I love being able to catch up and keep up... And yes, almost 3 going on 15...lol they grow up so fast. You really like the pics? That is really a compliment- thank you...I am really trying. Now if I could just learn the post processing headache...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...