Today we had our second Arctic blast blow through Houston...Wow it is really flipping cold in Houston right now. I am really not complaining... I actually like the cold in small spurts... and really... do we have a right to complain? It's not like we live in Chicago right now or anything...it's just cold. But if I seriously hear the phrase "Arctic Blast" again I might just scream. I was unable to go into work last Friday because the road conditions were to icy and Houston is just not prepared to get hit with this kind of weather. Today we actually had snow flakes falling from the sky... it was beautiful! Unfortunately the snow did not stick. There was not enough of it and the ground was still too warm. But I did get to drive home with ice drops on my truck. I wanted Ahli to see the snow so bad this year and she was all set for it... what are the chances of snow in 2012...do you think it can happen for Houston 3 years in a row? Doubtful but we will keep our fingers crossed.
Hard to believe that we went to a pool party the week before last... and it was 70 and muggy outside. Ahhh Houston! The pool party was for one of Ahliana's friends. He takes swim lessons and Ahli L.O.V.E.S to swim. I of course took pics while daddy swam (I have a hard enough time getting into a swim suit in the summer when a tan hides some of the hail damage that weight and age has added to my ...bleep). The pool water looks a little murky, maybe because it was an indoor pool?!? You can tell that my baby girl had a great time though.
No comments:
Post a Comment