Photography has always been an interest of mine. I carry a camera with me everywhere I go and I can take a million pics at one event...even if it is something as simple as feeding ducks or going to the neighborhood park for the millionth time. Of course I'm not that great, but I do try...and every once in awhile I get lucky.
I just really don't quite know what I am doing. By this I mean I just point the camera at the object I want a picture of, push the button and hope for the best. I don't look for leading lines, I don't measure my light, I don't change my shutter speed, aperture settings, or ISO and I have never accomplished a good post processed photo. I don't even own post processing software. However, I would like to lean how to post process and I would also like to learn how to control all of the above listed features... I am working on it! I bought a cool new camera and I have taken a photo class ( which was fabulous and I did learn a lot... now I just really need to practice.) {Now don't start judging my pictures..I know I am not that good... I said I am working on it (lol)}
I just recently started entering photo contests on another blog. Unfortunately for me a lot of professionals enter her contests as well so I really don't stand a chance...but I try and hope that one day I will get lucky and she will pick me. Please pick me....I don't need a prize I just want to win...hahaha
My friend Kristy convinced me to enter a photo in a photo contest on facebook with an amateur photography group. She remembered a picture that I sent in previously on the blog that we follow. The theme for the contest was leading lines. So I sent it in and after looking at all the cool pictures that were sent in along with mine... I now know what a leading line is... by golly I think I get it...
The picture was taken in 2007. Keith and I used to go camping every year at Buescher Park (just outside of Bastrop, TX). This was taken with a point and shoot camera and no editing was done (because I don't know how). We actually have this picture blown up and framed in our house... I mean I really do like it.
Anyway I got a lot of high scores and good complements from other members of the group. I don't think that I will win...there were a lot of REALLY good pictures. It was just nice to think that other's thought it was a good photo too. I am so excited and it has fueled my fire to learn more about photography. Although, I think that I am unable to submit photo's taken with my new camera on this site... I do tend to still use my point and shoot often (it is small and easy to carry in my pocket)
Please tell me what you all think of my "Leading Lines" photo

1 comment:
Well you obviously know how I feel about your picture! Thought it was awesome! -- I am glad you are doing this with me friend...its nice to do something fun for ourselves :D -- now I am going to have to take a picture for the K....hmmm should I take a pic of myself? :D
Post a Comment