Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another Birthday & Thanksgiving




First things First...because today is November 30th and because I love him.  I would like to wish my favorite brother in the whole wide world a very Happy Birthday!!!  I love you so much and I am so lucky that you are my brother!  Thank you for all you have done for me and for always taking such good care of me.  I Love you Big Brother!!




Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!  It is always within days of my birthday {which often got me out of doing dishes growing up} and I am so very thankful to be celebrating another year of life.  Not to mention all the wonderful people that I have in my life that I am so very thankful for.  Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving...gobble...gobble!


I really do love this time of year. I love everything it has to offer. I love the colors, the smells (yes, the smells), the holidays, the birthdays, the lights, the hussel and bussel and stress of the season, and I love that families gather just to eat all the yummy goodness be with each other on a holiday. I really do just love everything about it {other then UPS- but we make the most of that}. There is just something about this time of year that is magical!


My birthday has come and gone this year and it really happened in the blink of an eye.  I can admit that I am really okay with that. The older I get the harder it becomes to accept how old I am really getting. Ahliana helps to keep me young but lets face it... I am no longer a spring chicken and sometimes it is just hard to keep up. For example: Keith and I went out and enjoyed a fabulous dinner and a few drinks the night of my birthday and it took me the entire next day {Thanksgiving} just to recover...again this is all age.



Thanksgiving was wonderful! I enjoy gathering with family and missed the ones that I was unable to be with but still so very thankful for them all.  I ate way to much and enjoyed every minute of it.  The food was in abundance and so delicious I just could not stop shoveling it in.  Papa always brings a Honey Baked Ham on Thanksgiving and man is it....yummy!!  Bruce cooked the turkey again this year and carves it up perfectly every year.  It too was so very yummy!!  I love the feast but so glad it only happens once a year.






There are so many things I am thankful for:

I am thankful for My wonderful husband, who has once again surprised me with his thoughtfulness.  He got me a  laptop for my birthday...yip.baby.a lap top computer...Three cheers for my honey...hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!!  Not only did I get a wonderful birthday gift but he gives me the gift of his love daily. 



I am also thankful for the little person that calls me mom.  I am thankful for everything she does...even the crying and the whining because some how in the sceam of it all that is just a little part of it.  She is such a wonderful and loving little girl and I could not ask for more.  I would not trade being Ahliana's mom for not one thing in this world!!  I am so very lucky, and thankful, for her!!  God could not have gotten it any more perfect!


This year Aunt Esther, Kaylee Ann, and Jasmine visited from California.  Although we did not spend Thanksgiving day with them we did enjoy some quality time with them on Friday.  It was great to see them all and they got to meet our beautiful baby girl for the first time.  Ahliana is the same age that Kalee Ann was the first time we met her...and now she is 9.  I understand that our children need to grow and become independent but I wish it did not all happen so fast.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was meeting Kaylee Ann for the first time.. and just yesterday that I was bringing my beautiful baby girl home from the hospital...do they have to grow so fast?? 







Okay now move over Thanksgiving and let the Christmas begin....

Ahliana is really excited about Christmas this year.  In the next couple of weeks we will pull Derby out of the attic so he can report to Santa if Ahli has been naughty/nice daily, we will take her to see Santa, we will take her to ride the Polar Express, we will hang Christmas lights and line the fireplace with stockings, we will sing lots and lots of Christmas carols, and we will just laugh and be merry!!  Ahliana has already told me that she is going to ask Santa for 2 lollipops for Christmas...

We have had some very serious discussions about Santa Clause already this year with Papa and Daddy.  Hopefully she understands that only nice little children get visits from Santa.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...