Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Making Memories

WARNING...LONGEST POST EVER....  AND PICTURE HEAVY!!!!


I love making memories with my little squirt. Seeing things for the first time through her little excited eyes. To have her clap at herself for doing something as little as finishing a song....and then hearing her say "clap too mommy". I love the way her whole face just lights up with pleasure when she does something that pleases us. I love the way that when she swims with her daddy she is ne-ver ready to go and just keeps saying "one more time daddy".  The way she giggles at herself when she takes a drink out of a "big girl" cup successfully without spilling a drop. I love the way she wakes up in the morning and looks at me with her little sleeping eyes and just grins and says "hi mommy" then curls up on the pillow with me to snuggle just a little longer. I love the way that I just know, that she knows, how much we love her.



This week we took our first family vacation. We went to Sea World to see "Shampoo" (aka Shamu). Then we went to the National Bridge Wildlife Safari, or as Ahliana would say "we went to the fari". I can honestly say that both were also a first for me...so I too saw them through child eyes.




Sea World was WOOOOW!!!



It amazes me to watch the trainers as they perform with the killer whales (aka shamu's). They truly love these animals. You see it with every caress, with every kiss, with every fish that is given as gratitude for a good dead. You see no fear just tenderness toward these monstrously large creatures of the sea. It makes you want to get out of your chair and go down for a big hug too ::: then you think of the scene in Happy Feet where the killer whale is chasing Mumbo ::: kinda makes you rethink the whole hug thing ::: But can I just say  - I Believe-!!! What a beautiful show!!






We did NOT sit in "the splash zone"

We also got to feed the dolphins. This and Shamu were top on my Sea World list of things to do. In fact I really did not care if we did anything else to be honest...but this was not all about me - it was about my precious little girl and making memories with her too. It was for us ALL.

Feeding the dolphins was as wonderful as I expected it to be. We opted to purchase 3 trays of food instead of just one so that Ahliana and I could both have the opportunity to hang that little sardine into the air for the chance to feed and touch a dolphin. I was in awe that Ahliana was willing to participate in the touching of "the little fish" but she is a big girl and did it without a second thought. She would take that "little fish" and throw it right into the dolphin’s mouth. Then I would hold her just low enough to reach her hand in to touch a snout...oh the little giggles...the sound of pure joy and magic to my ears.






Our next adventure was into Sharks & the Coral Reef. Whew a little relief from the heat. The building had a/c which was a nice cool down for us all. Again I am in just awe at how beautiful the sea life is. The coral, the sharks, all the brilliantly colored fish, the sting rays that were all smiling at us through the glass, the bright colored frogs...I mean who really knew it all existed. Okay so I had an idea but I have never seen it all look so fascinating. Then we got super lucky and we were in time for the sting ray feeding. Oh my goodness. They ate the food right out of diver Jon's hands. I mean he would stick his whole hand in their mouths...noooo I am serious...he did! Although I found the feeding to be very exciting it gave Ahliana the opportunity to sit still for a minute and right there in my lap...she was out. If you know anything about my kid you know this 1) she is as cute as a button, 2) she has astounding communication and vocabulary skills for a two year old, & 3) she NEVER falls asleep in her stroller, or sitting up in my lap for that matter, while we are walking around...I mean this really was a first for me. She let us put her stroller seat down just a little and strap her in and she was down for the count (for a good an hour). Talk about tired. This gave daddy and I time to rest. We went into another air conditioned building and ate a snack {don’t worry we saved her some}.











We promised Ahliana that we would go swimming and she kept asking to get her feet wet and although we know that there is a water park at Sea World time just did not permit for it to happen this trip. However, we did take her swimming back at the hotel and she was delighted. I think she was more excited about swimming then seeing Shamu...Although she did keep saying "look I'm swimming like a dolphin daddy".


I'm a Ballerina...I'm a Ballerina...

The loves of my life!!



Our Taxi to dinner - Thank you Andy {Poor guy got a good workout on this ride}

It was a day full of memories....


The next day we would start our journey home by stopping at The Market for lunch. {Everyone knows when you go to San Antonio that you have to stop by the market}. Ahliana is such a little ham that she got up on the stage area and just started singing "I'm a ballerina, I'm a ballerina" and twirling around and around...no fear that girl. Lucky for us the stage was empty and there wasn't a "real" performance going on.

We then strapped her in her seat once again to finish up our vacation at National Bridge Wildlife Ranch - An African Safari * Texas Style.

Just as we pulled in line to pay for our tickets it started to pour down rain. This was NOT going to stop us from going through the safari...not if I had ANYTHING to do with it. We pulled into the parking lot and decided to wait it out for a little while. We let Ahliana eat and it gave us time to go into the gift shop to look at all the overpriced merchandise- which of course we purchased.


The rain let up just enough so we loaded back up into the car and started on our journey through the safari.  I won't bore you with th details but I will let the pictures tell the stories....  enjoy.


Is he winking at me?














Runnig free... this was so much more beautiful then the picture.




Hummmmm....should I give him the food or just tease the nice goat?

Please stop eating my pants...


Until next time!



Again amazing ... Another day full of beautiful memories... And we will just continue daily making them. 
 
Thank you God for the opportunity!!
My Angel Baby!!

3 comments:

Kristy R said...

Those pictures are so great! Ive looked at them at least 5 times now. I'm so glad yall had a great time!

Life with Claire said...

great pics!!! =) looks like a good time was had. HUGS!!!

Jackie Gilanyi said...

We just finished reading everything and looking at all the great pics. You really have an amazing way of expressing your journey with cancer and the family. Now that I'm not crying and can write....Thank you for sharing. We are so happy for you and your family. We can't wait to hang out again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...