Indoor Camping
As a family we have had many adventures. But I have to admit that this one will go down as one of my favorites. An indoor camping trip. When I told Ahliana a week before our adventure that we would be camping she told me that she would need supplies. So in her back pack she stuffed binoculars, a compass, a watch, a small first aid kit, a flashlight, and maracas (don't ask me they were her supplies). We also decided on a guitar so she could play her campfire songs.
Okay so this was hilarious. Ahliana grabbed her guitar and sang us a real campfire song. Keith got it on video and I can not wait to go back and watch it. Definitely a priceless moment.
Watching Open Season to add to the ambiance.
Our campfire was wonderful. We toasted marshmallows and made ooey gooey smores (with the help of the microwave).
The sky's were clear and the stars were plenty.
Roller Skating
Saturday before the sun came up Ahliana jumped up and yelled "skating!". She was so excited to wear shoes with wheels on the bottom. We met up with our usual group of "girlfriends" and started our day with a little lunch and an indoor playground at chick-fil-a (chicka-fil-a in Ahli language). Then off to the indoor skate park.
We strapped on our shoes with wheels and Ahliana was excited but not to sure what to think about it all. You can see the look of hesitation yet excitement. Me on the other hand... a total look of fear (good thing there are no pics as proof)!
The best sister-in-law and niece in the whole world. They came just to watch Ahliana skate and probably to laugh at me. I was so excited that they came. I gave them my camera and asked them to take the pictures (I was having trouble taking them with wheels on my feet).
I think she feel asleep as soon as I got her buckled in. Sweet girl she was so tired,
The Park
On Sunday we made it to the park. We have not played outdoors, unless water's been involved, in over a month due to the high temperatures. I love watching Keith with her. He is so patient and such a good teacher...sometimes always over protective, but in a cute, dad, kind of way.
Painting our ladybug rock
We found a rock in our backyard and our neighbor suggested that it had ladybug potential. So a ladybug we made.
Plantation Splash Pool
On Monday we met our friends Jaden and Caden at the pool for a swim and some pizza. Ahli loves to swim so any excuse we can find to go swimming she is in. We really like going to the splash parks. She has no fear of the water which sometimes scares me. She took 8 weeks of swim lessons this summer and now she thinks she is a pro. She always wants to show me how she can hold her breathe and blow bubbles under water...not really necessary in my book.
Somewhere over the Rainbow. This is the only rainbow we have seen in a long time. With the droughts that we have been experiencing the chance to see another one anytime soon, other then here, is slim. So we will take it and enjoy it anyway we can.








No comments:
Post a Comment